FastReport VCL - reporting and documents creation library for Delphi 7-XE8, C++Builder 2005-XE8, Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 Seattle, Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin, Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo, Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.3 Rio, Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.4 Sydney, and Lazarus
Report generator FastReport VCL is a modern solution for integrating Business Intelligence in your software. It has been created for developers who want to use ready-made components for reporting. FastReport VCL, with its simplicity of use, convenience, and small distribution size can provide high functionality and performance on almost any modern PC.
New FastReport VCL Features Choose edition
Why did Embarcadero Technologies and thousands of other world-leading companies choose to support FastReport?
The multitude of features and ease of use! Let's list the benefits which FastReport VCL offers!
FR VCL Enterprise live demo
Fast and reliable engine for report production
Yes, that is what heavy corporate reporting requires! FastReport is specifically optimized for speed and every day proves itself on heavy workloads in real businesses! If your clients want to get reports quickly - then they just need FastReport!
These are the capabilities of just report production engine:
- Band-oriented report generator. A wide range of band types allows the creation of any kind of report.
- Code-based reports.
- Multi-page and multi-template reports.
- Expressions post-processing.
- Cross-tabs allows the creation of tabular reports with complex row and column headers from a single dataset, either a table or a query. (For full OLAP reports, we suggest you use FastReport OLAP instead).
- Interactive reports.
And all of these features can be combined in a single report!
- The powerful modern editor includes a large set of tools for visually designing and modifying report templates.
- Can be incorporated into your application to give users their own report design!
- Clean and simple classic interface - business users like to work with the designer straight away, without taking six months of orientation!
- Interactive object editors.
- Extended script debugger.
- Improved guidelines for more precise report editing.
- Report Wizard - even easier than using the visual designer - step-by-step report creation!
- Separate tabs for "Design", "Data" and "Code" - a full-featured report development environment!
- The flexible designer architecture allows creating of your own editors of both already existing objects and new ones.
- The Table object allows you to build a tabular report with a variable number of rows and/or columns.
- Wide variety of barcodes PDF417, DataMatrix, Aztec, MaxiCode, and many more.
- The Map Object supports different map formats like OSM and ESRI. Supports GPX.
- Gauges allow adding more visual representability.
We place great importance on the protection of your data.
- Source code. Professional and Enterprise Editions of the product include all the source code for FastReport. This is very beneficial for companies that want to adapt the product to their own special needs. Avoid ‘rogue’ components and be in full control of all your software code, giving you absolute security!
- Reports only have access to data specified by your application and data can be made read-only.
- Encrypted templates and reports (by Rijndael-like algorithm). Data can be protected by a secure document password.
Be confident in the security and confidentiality of your reports!
Flexibility and Interactivity
- Built-in script shell that supports 4 languages: PascalScript, C++ Script, BasicScript, and JScript.
- Interactive forms, drill-down (drop) reports, call another report with detailed information from the preview window with one mouse click.
- Flexible and open architecture. If FastReport doesn’t do enough for you, you can enhance it by creating and connecting your own objects (export filters, functions, and database engines) to your reports.
- Inheritance of report templates.
- Reports can be independent of your application, so the application does not require recompilation when a user requires changes in a report.
Delivery to Cloud storages
It's easy to save report templates, prepared reports, or exported results to different places: E-mail, FTP, DropBox, OneDrive, Box.com, GoogleDrive.
Any kind of data
- FastReport supports many libraries for database access: FireDAC, ADO, BDE, DBX, IBX, and FIBPlus, so providing access to practically all databases, including Oracle and many third-party libraries.
- Data generated within your application.
- Passing out of both static and dynamic records.
- UNICODE. Reports can use any language in the world, and even multiple languages simultaneously, maintaining true internationality!
- The FastReport interface is localized in dozens of languages.
- The file format allows reports to be translated at a local level.
- Documentation and help files are available in English, German, Polish and Russian.
Compare cross-platform report generators from Fast Reports Comparison of FastReport Designers