Connecting to Data sources for OLAP
- Connection to data-bases can be not only through the standard ADO or BDE components but also through any component, based on TDataSet
- Сreation of ready-made templates for pivot tables. It is possible to restrict users from modifying the schema.
- FastCube's data can be saved in a compact format for data exchange and data storage
- Instant data slice creation. Data sources schemas or SQL queries
- Custom field calculation during the load process. For complex data transformations it is possible to create a user field which is evaluated during the load process. The evaluation can be performed using an embedded script or by means of an event handler.
- FastCube allows the following procedures after loading the data:
Removing a field
Adding custom calculated fields
Changing split parts for date and time fields (see above)
Creating custom splits