How is FastReport VCL 2021 different than the previous ones?
FastReport VCL 2021.0 is the next generation of reporting tool for Delphi, C++Builder, RAD Studio, and Lazarus
Significantly improved work with images - as in image editors:
- High-quality vector SVG images in reports
- Improved image transparency in different formats
New objects widen the concept of a "report":
Two-Track Pharmacode for designing and printing medication and vaccine packages
Report safety and security:
Now reports in PDF are protected with a digital signature. It guarantees its uniqueness, allows to clearly establish the authorship, and protects it from editing. Your reports now correspond with the docflow standards.
- Page miniatures are formed faster
- Less memory required for work
! New licensing model:
Starting March 2021 all FastReport VCL editions are subscription-based. It means that you will always have an up-to-date version as long as your subscription is valid.
Loading and output images in vector SVG format through standard “Picture” object (only for Delphi). Enhance the look of your reports!
Added support of Digital signature in PDF export with pfx and p12 certificates support. Sign up your PDF documents just in 3 simple steps: Add the “Digital signature” object (TfrxDigitalSignatureView), select type of signature (hidden, visible, image), and sign up documents with your certificate.
Improved transparency support for images inside a report. Now FastReport VCL supports not only color mask but also an alpha channel in the report preview, on the printout, and exports which supports transparent images.
Added experimental picture cache with the ability to generate thumbnails and control overall image quality. New picture cache saves memory usage and GDI descriptors. It loads only one instance of duplicated image (can be turned on with Report.PictureCacheOptions.CaсhedImagesBuildType=tbtOriginal property).
The picture cache can be set up for thumbnail generation which’s using for a fast load of images in the preview window (can be turned on with Report.PictureCacheOptions.CaсhedImagesBuildType=tbtAtPrepare). The thumbnail quality controls by Report.PictureCacheOptions.ThumbnailQualityReducer properties and allows setting percent of compression and conditions. In addition, it is possible to control the overall quality of compression for all pictures through Report.PictureCacheOptions.OriginalQualityReducer property. Those images using for preview, printout, and export of a report.
Added new barcode type Two-Track Pharmacode.
Added new TfrxRichView object for Lazarus with support of Linux for rtf document loading into a report.
Added ability to replace Web browser for authorization window in cloud save filters (EdgeView2, CEF4Delphi). More information can be found in the article.
Full list of changes:
+ Added support of vector SVG format in TfrxPictureView object
+ Added Digital signature object and digital signature support for PDF Export (Supported types: skNone, skInvisible, skVisible, skEmpty)
+ Added experimental picture cache and thumbnail cache controlled by TfrxReport.PictureCacheOptions properties
+ Added support of alpha transparency for export filter and printing
+ Added Two-Track Pharmacode barcode
+ Added RichView object for Lazarus with Linux support
+ Added support for external web browsers components for authorization dialog (CEF4Delphi, new Edge interfaces)
+ Added support of Windows Environment Variables in client-server config file config like %ALLUSERSPROFILE%
- Fixed preview's Thumbnail scale for HighDPI
- Fixed bug in XLSX with empty lines
- Fixed Print state for virtual printers
- Fixed EMF to SVG export with SegoeUI font
- Fixed IME input in syntax memo for a group of symbols more than two
- Fixed bug with clip-in EMF to PDF export
- Fixed TfrxPictureView clip
- Fixed synchronization bug with dialog forms under Delphi 7 CS components
- Fixed gaps for interactive text fields in PDF
- Fixed bug with Cambria Math font in SVG/HTML exports
- Fixed HasField function when exception raised
- Fixed HatchBrush for Lazarus in Linux
- Fixed stall of the main thread in Synchronizer #601673
- Skip chart reading errors to read files from others version for TeeCharts
- Fixed PaperSizes max count for some printers.