Fast Reports Accessibility Solutions
Fast Reports, Inc. is committed to improving the accessibility of its software products and solutions. As part of this commitment, Fast Reports current product plans include incorporating Section 508 access standards in our solutions, products, and documentation so that they will be compliant in a future release. This includes:
- Designing our software for maximum accessibility by the widest range of users as a fundamental component of feature functionality
- Providing full disclosure of the Section 508-compliant status of our products
- Continually testing and evaluating our software products against accessibility standards
- Developing and maintaining applications in conformance with accessibility standards when serving clients who are subject to the provisions of Section 508
- Fixing products that fall short of accessibility standards by making any necessary changes to a non-conforming feature for inclusion in the next release of the product. Note: Certain changes may be accomplished in phases over several successive releases and it may not be possible to correct older products and products that are no longer in general use
What is 508 Compliance?
Section 508 is a part of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which requires electronic and information technology developed, procured, maintained, or used by the Federal government be accessible to people with disabilities.
On August 7, 1998, the President signed into law the Workforce Investment Act of 1998, which includes the Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1998. Section 508 was originally added to the Rehabilitation Act in 1986; the 1998 amendments significantly expand and strengthen the technology access requirements in Section 508.
You can find more information on the official Federal Government Web site for Section 508, www.section508.gov.