UPD: Applies to the versions of FastReport .NET before 2022.2. License packages are now available on our NuGet server.
NuGet is an open source package management system for Microsoft development platforms (formerly known as NuPack). NuGet is an extension (add-on) for easily adding, removing, and updating libraries and resources in Visual Studio projects based on the .NET Framework, .NET Core, and .NET. NuGet can be run from the command line or using scripts. It supports many programming languages, including packages for the .NET Framework and native packages written in C ++.
A NuGet package is a single ZIP file with a .nupkg extension. This package contains compiled code (DLL), associated files, and a descriptive manifest that includes details like the package’s version number. Developers who want to share their code create packages and publish them to a public or private server. Package consumers receive packages from suitable hosts, use them in their projects, and then call a package’s functionality in their project code. NuGet itself then handles all of the intermediate details.
FastReport products are currently represented by the following packages:
- FastReport.Core (demo on nuget.org) - a package with the main logic of the program (obtaining the necessary data, rendering reports, exports, etc.). Some of the functionality from FastReport.NET is missing due to the cross-platform nature of the package. After installation, it is located in the ‘Nugets’ folder.
- FastReport.Net (demo on nuget.org) - a package with the FastReport.dll library for .NET Framework 4.x, which is part of part of the ‘Pro’ and ‘Demo’ editions - for .NET Core 3.1, .NET 5 and .NET 6 exclusively for Windows (so-called FastReport.CoreWin). You can read more about this package in this article. After installation, it is located in the ‘Nugets/Windows’ folder.
- FastReport.Web (demo on nuget.org) - a package for integrating FastReport into scripts for working with web applications (rendering a report in a browser, exporting and printing from a browser, working with Online Designer) for ASP.NET Core. Includes components for Blazor Server and is used only with FastReport.Core. After installation, it is located in the ‘Nugets’ folder.
- FastReport.Core3.Web (demo on nuget.org) - the same principle as FastReport.Web, but compatible with FastReport.CoreWin, which is included in the FastReport.Net.Demo/ FastReport.Net.Pro package. After installation, it is located in the ‘Nugets/Windows’ folder.
- FastReport.BusinessGraphics (demo on nuget.org) - package with the FastReport Business Graphics data visualization library.
- FastReport.Localization (nuget.org) - package with a set of FastReport localizations. Add it to your project if you need German localization, for example.
- FastReport.Compat and FastReport.DataVisualization - packages with basic logic (report compilation, MSChart support, etc.). You don't need to include them in your project, they are dependency packages.
- FastReport.Data.* - packages with connector plugins for FastReport to work with various databases, the connectors of which are not included in the source library. These packages are “common” for different FastReport editions and are suitable for both FastReport .NET and FastReport.Core and FastReport.CoreWin. After installation, it is located in the ‘Nugets’ folder. Limitations: FastReport version 2021.4.0+ and NuGet Client 3.4.4+ are required.
|Package name||Target Frameworks||Cross-platform||
UI (Viewer, Designer, UserControl)
|.NET Framework 4.0 and up, .NET Core 2.0 and up, .NET 5 and up||✓||—|
.NET Framework 4.0 and up
FastReport.Net.Demo / FastReport.Net.Pro
.NET Framework 4.0 and up, .NET Core 3.1 Windows and up, .NET 5 Windows and up