This update includes improvements and fixes across our entire line of Delphi and Lazarus products. All products have received updates and support from Embarcadero RAD Studio 12.
Report designer improvements
The new "Text" object editor features highlighting of expression elements and tags, allowing for quick identification of expressions within regular text. With interactive bracket highlighting, you will no longer forget to close the bracket of an expression. Furthermore, the editor allows for word wrap during text editing.
Note! This functionality is available in the Enterprise version and higher.
Expression highlighting is available not only in the editor but for "Text" objects when editing a report template.
New data field editor
Data presentation is important. The redesigned Data Field Editor allows you to fine-tune the field definitions in the report designer.
In the editor, you can update, reset, add, delete, and customize field properties. Properties allow you to assign objects that the designer creates automatically when dragging fields from the data tree, simultaneously linking them to the fields. Configure the report designer for efficient data handling.
The new mode for updating the list of fields in the designer allows you to disable the auto-updating of fields and active data connections. Customize field definitions and use them in the report designer without being tied to a heavy database.
Please note the change in the serialization scheme of built-in data sources! The internal properties of such objects are now fully serialized to XML in the report template. Such properties may not be readable on older versions of FastReport after they are converted to a new version.
FastQueryBuilder integration has become optional and is enabled when the appropriate components and packages are added. Enabling or disabling FastQueryBuilder no longer requires package recompilation.
We have added a new transport to S3 (AWS)—save and download reports from your enterprise storage. Read this article to learn how to set up a connection.
Starting with release 2024.1, we will no longer support development environments released before Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.4 for the FireMonkey platform. Supported environments for the VCL platform remain unchanged.
See the full list of changes
+ Added support for Embarcadero RAD Studio 12;
+ Added the ability to optionally use FastQueryBuilder in FastReport;
- Fixed the behavior of the virtual data set;
- Fixed a bug in FastCube with RAD Studio 12 under x64;
- Fixed HIDPI problems in RAD Studio 10.4;
- Fixed incorrect font scaling in barcodes at HiDPI;
- Fixed incorrect sizes of export filter dialog forms when changing DPI;
- Fixed an error after editing a measure in FastCube FMX;
- Fixed changing the selected line when switching the filter in the Localization Editor;
- Fixed a bug in FastCube when calling the editor script function when double-clicking on a calculation field;
+ Added a new Memo object editor with syntax highlighting (starting from the Enterprise version);
+ Added highlighting of expressions and syntax in the Memo object in the report designer workspace;
+ Added a new field definition editor (replacing the old alias editor);
+ Added the ability to specify the type of drag object when dragging data from the data tree;
+ Added the ability to disable auto-updating of the list of fields in the report designer;
- Fixed a bug with the “Gradient” object style property in the Object Inspector;
*Сhanged the use of Indy TLS in the email export filter;
- Fixed positions of ligatures in languages written from right to left in the PDF export filter;
- Fixed a bug in the frxSQLEditorForm form;
- Fixed syntax note error in Lazarus;
- Fixed FastCube cross-editor in FastReport integration components;
- Fixed the error “module FMX.ConverterFR3toFRFMX.pas does not exist in LibRSXX\FMX”;
- Fixed the error “frx package does not contain the frxFileSignature module”;
- Fixed IBO package for RAD Studio 12;
+ Added S3 transport;
+ Added support for AWS in S3-Transport;
- Fixed default file extension when saving to clouds from preview;
- Fixed opening reports from cloud storage.