The release of version 2022.2 for FastReport for DBA took place, in which we added highlighting of intersecting objects in the designer, a ruler in the RichObject editor, fixed errors in Excel 2007, RTF, XLSX export formats and much more.
Now you can save a report with random data
The file menu in the report designer has a new item "Save with random data...". When you save the report in this way, all data sources will be saved in the report and the data in them will be replaced by random data.
Highlighting intersecting objects in the designer
Now when placing objects on the report page, overlapping objects and objects beyond the bounds of the bands and the page are highlighted by color. There should not be such objects in the correct report. Failure to comply with this recommendation, can lead to a number of problems in the preparation and exporting of reports. By default, this option is disabled.
You can enable it in the designer's settings File->Options.
Ruler with guides in the RichObject editor
The new tool allows you to conveniently adjust indentation and tab positions when editing RichObject. Read more in article.
Added console utility to convert from RTF
Using it, you can easily convert RTF files into report templates.
Now you can use XLSX files as data sources
You can now retrieve data from Excel 2007 files as from a database and use it in a report. Read more in article.
"Pinned cells" option when exporting to Excel 2007
This feature, allows you to define an area of the sheet that will always be visible when you scroll. You can lock: the first row, the first column, a certain number of rows and columns.
Also added export of number and date format to Excel 97 format (BIFF8).
In the HTML export now has the option "High quality SVG" - when you enable this setting, the quality of SVG images will be significantly higher. However, you should keep in mind that the memory consumption will be higher.
In Word documents, export bookmarks and internal links has been added. In PDF, Word, HTML and RTF now have export tabs width.
In SVG export we added a new property PrefixStyle - it allows you to set a prefix for all styles.
We also improved the documentation and added the ability to switch the localization in the FastReport for DBA settings.
Full list of changes in version 2022.2
+ added ability to save report with random data;
* the ExportBand method now uses the BandBase argument instead of Base;
- fixed bugs with double calling events AfterData, BeforePrint and AfterPrint of ContainerObject;
- fixed a bug leading to System.NullReferenceException when running reports with dialog forms;
- fixed a bug with not working VisibleExpression property of subreports and pages;
- fixed a bug with vertical shift of non-intersecting objects when converting RTF;
- fixed a bug with right anchor on pages with unlimited width and landscape orientation;
- fixed translation of lists when converting RTF;
- fixed a bug with not working RichObject.AllowExpressions property;
- fixed a bug leading to System.OverflowException when drawing unlimited page without preparing;
+ added Backlight of intersecting objects;
+ added ruler with guides in RichObject editor;
+ replaced password symbols on dots in object inspector;
+ added warning about possible stack overflow when putting Matrix or AdvMatrix on repeated bands;
- removed error message when text of barcode consist expression;
- fixed a bug with disable hot keys option;
- fixed dropdown menu when click on LineStyle and LineWidth button;
- fixed a bug with viewing data in designer;
- fixed bugs leading to System.NullReferenceException when dragging objects into AdvMatrix;
- fixed a bug with incorrect showing settings of shadow in border editor;
- fixed a bug leading to System.NullReferenceException when clicking on editable TextObject;
- fixed a bug with not working hyperlinks in report with multi-column databands;
- fixed a bug when exporting a report resulted to saving the prepared report;
- fixed a bug with setting lists of available exports and exports to clouds in PreviewControl;
+ added export to ZPL II;
+ added option "High Quality SVG" in export to HTML;
+ added option "Pinned cells" in export to Excel 2007;
+ added ability to scale print in export to Excel 2007;
+ added export of bookmarks and inner hyperlinks to Word;
+ added export of numbers and dates format to Excel 97;
+ added encryption of personal data in Email-export;
+ added indent of RichObject in export to RTF;
+ added line break of RichObject in export to RTF;
+ added indent of TextObject when exporting to Word;
+ added export of tab width in PDF, Word, HTML and RTF exports;
+ added property PrefixStyle to SVG-export, which allows to set a prefix for all styles;
* improved export of RichObject to Excel 2007;
* removed FastReport Cloud and XMPP exports;
- fixed incorrect rotation of landscape orientation of pages when printing HTML if they used styles from previous pages;
- fixed a bug with font scale when export to PDF;
- fixed a memory lose when export SVG objects to HTML with option "High Quality SVG";
- fixed a bug with embedding fonts for which packing is prohibited in PDF-export;
- fixed a bug with exporting tab symbols to Word;
- fixed fill background picture and property of line-height in export to HTML;
- fixed a bug with exporting custom dash line of SVGObject to PDF;
- fixed a bug with exporting borders of spanned cells to SVG.