In FastReport VCL 2022.2, we have focused on adding new features so you could reduce the effort required to develop and improve your reports.
The report designer has expanded the possibilities of editing and searching for errors in reports. The new object intersection highlighting mode allows you to locate problem areas in the report template and prepare the report for correct output in tabular exports (RTF, XLS, and others). Just turn on the new mode to see all overlapping objects.
The new "Auto Guides" mode allows you to quickly fix identified problems in the report by automatically creating guide lines for all objects (it works in three modes: all lines, only vertical, only horizontal).
You can move leader lines from Auto Guides mode to normal page guides.
Expanded interactive functionality
A new interactive editor has been added for the CellularText object in the report preview. Create interactive, fillable documents right from the preview. This will allow you to develop new forms for your reports.
New objects "List" (TfrxListBoxView) and "Drop-down list" (TfrxComboBoxView) were also added for the report page. These objects allow you to create interactive forms right on the report page*.
*Support for interactive PDF forms will be integrated later.
Report engine and objects
The object for displaying HTML in a report (TfrxHTMLView) now has the ability to cache and save images received via external links (file or web protocol). They will be sent immediately to the rendered report, through the EmbeddedObjects property. This increases independence and speeds up the loading of such reports.
In addition, many changes have been made to improve the overall quality of the product.
+ A new mode of highlighting objects when they intersect in the report designer has been added;
+ Support for EPC standard settings for QR code has been added;
+ An interactive editor of the CellularText object to edit the object in the preview has been added;
+ A new mode of guide lines - Auto guides have been added in the report designer;
+ A new object of the report - drop-down list TfrxComboBoxVIew has been added;
+ A new report object list TfrxListBoxVIew has been added;
+ The possibility to embed external images of an HTMLView object for arendered report as an internal or external cache (EmbeddedObjects [edExternal, edInternal] property) has been added;
- An issue with scrolling in preview under Linux has now been fixed;
- An issue with calling the MouseLeave event before rebuilding the report has been fixed;
- An issue with processing hot keys in the report designer, on Combobox and Edit elements has been fixed;
- An issue when the HeaderMaxSize property is not defined in the server config has been fixed;
- An issue with copying table content in the preview has been fixed;
- An issue with data tree resizing in Lazarus has been fixed;
- An issue with PDF export to Lazarus with the last line in the text has been fixed;
- An issue with filling in the user-agent field in the http header (processing external links) has been fixed;
- PDF export size during EMF conversion has been optimized;
- An issue with page switching has been fixed;
- An issue with scrolling in report designer under Linux has been fixed;
- An issue with the Chart object in Lazarus 2.2.0 has been fixed;
- An issue with TfrxHTML5DivExport export with MultiPage enabled on Linux has been fixed;
- An issue with printing the Table object in print scaling mode has been fixed;
- An issue with displaying barcodes with a rotation angle other than 0 has been fixed;
- An issue with CC, BCC fields when sending emails via Outlook has been fixed;
- An issue with hpp generation error for C++Builder 2012 has been fixed;
- An issue with PDF export in long text lines and line styles has been fixed;
- An issue with recompilation of resources with Japanese localization has been fixed;
- An issue with working with duplex from the default printer in the collate mode has been fixed;
- FireDAC adapter packages (AnyDAC) have been updated;
- Preview toolbar display error in RAD Studio 11 has been fixed;
- An issue in naming report objects when dragging fields with Unicode names from the data tree has been fixed;
- An issue with aggregate functions inside a static table has been fixed;
- An issue with the handle leak in HTMLView object has been fixed.