Master-Detail Field Link Designer

Hi,

I have 2 SQL queries (in frxDBDataset1 and frxDBDataset2) and want to link them for a master-detail report. In the documentation of FastReport on page http://www.fast-report.com/documentation/UserMan/4.htm there is a Field Link Designer pictured to link the table columns between master and detail table. But I cannot find this Field Link Designer.
Can you give me a hint how I can set the link for master-detail?

Best regards,
Thomas

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:00AM
    you can't find it because you are using external data sets not internal datasets.
    connect your sql queries by setting the properties in your sql component.
  • edited 4:00AM
    I have the same problem.
    I guess gordk means to buid a left outer join query but to me that seems against the logic of a sub-band.

I have a table with articles and a table of article-photos. There can be several photos to one article.
    So If I build an sql view, I will have n entries of an article, if there are n photos of the article.

This would result in multiple lines in the master.
    What I want is only one master per article and n subdetails.

?
  • gpigpi
    edited 4:00AM
    Reopen detail dataset in the master's OnAfterScroll event on the Delphi's level
  • edited June 2017
    gpi wrote: »
    Reopen detail dataset in the master's OnAfterScroll event on the Delphi's level

@gpi: well THAT is a good idea, let's see...

... WORKED. Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.