PDF and iphone

edited November 2010 in FastReport 4.0
If you export this report to PDF and you send it to an iphone, the PDF isn't good.
Have you a solution?
Thanks

Comments

• edited 1:32AM
    Have you try this?
  • edited November 2010
    I need the same solution. But where are the experts of this forum. Yet, they cannot give the solution. I have tried it in different way. I have used adobe acrobat pro extended to export in pdf which gives a little bit better result.
    It is not only a problem on iPhone ...

try to open the generated pdf in Quark ... but be sure to save all Quark Documents before
    the generated pdfs from FastReport are very bad ...
    ... so my solution is to

- use a seperate PDF-Printer or
    - just use plain text (no bold, italic, etc.)
    I had the same problem and I send this question to the support:

I use FastReport4 VCL for Delphi.

If I open a generated Report (Export as PDF) with Adobe Reader everything is fine.
    When I open the same report with SodaPDF Reader i get a very strange presentation of the document.

If I try to open the PDF Report on an Android Platform with the Adobe Reader App nothing at all is shown.

When I print the generated report and use as a printer PDF redirect V2 the presentation of the PDF is always correct.

What is wrong with the FastReport PDF Export?

Here is the answer from the support:
    FR doesn't support PDF/A format. PDF/A support will be added in FR5 only

mrwb
  • edited January 2013
    Hallo,

I wait for FR5 for 3 years now... after many promises (PDF/A also).
    And I do not believe that FR for FireMonkey do not have native PDF export...
    Something is strange...
    In my humble opinion frxExportPDF.pas is easy to translate to FMX, but probably I'm missing something.

Best Regards,
    Cristian Peta
  • After a few years waiting for a solution for this FastReport shortcoming (they say that their PDF exports are all good but they aren't - they are flawed and don't render properly in many systems) I'm happy to report that SynPDF works way better than the included PDF export:

http://synopse.info/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4763#p4763

Use their latest version.
  • edited November 2015
    I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.
    [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ______________[/img] solitaire

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.